AGREEMENT OF USE / COPYRIGHT INFORMATION
This Internet Web Site Agreement (the “Agreement”) is between you and the Society for Gynecologic Investigation (“SGI”). Use of the SGI Internet Web site (the “SGI Web site”) signifies your agreement of the terms and conditions of use set forth below in the Agreement:
- You acknowledge that you have read the terms and conditions of use and that you accept the terms thereof. YOU AGREE TO READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SGI WEB SITE. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions of use, you may not access or otherwise use this SGI Web Site
- SGI reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove any portion of this Agreement, in whole or in part, at any time. Notification of changes in the Agreement will be posted on the SGI Web Site
- The SGI Web Site is protected by copyright as a collective work and/or compilation, pursuant to U.S. copyright laws, international conventions, and other copyright laws. The contents of the SGI Web Site are only for your personal, non-commercial use. All materials contained on the SGI Web Site are protected by copyright, and are owned or controlled by SGI or the party credited as the provider of the Content. You will abide by any and all additional copyright notices, information, or restrictions contained in any Content on the SGI Web Site. You may copy and/or download items displayed on this SGI Web Site for personal, non-commercial use only, provided that you maintain all copyright and other notices contained in such Content. Copying or storing of any Content for other than personal, non-commercial use is expressly prohibited without the prior written permission from SGI or the copyright holder identified in the individual Contents copyright notice.
- SGI may change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the SGI Web Site at any time, including the availability of any SGI Web Site feature, database, or Content. SGI may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts or all of the SGI Web Site without notice or liability.
- You represent, warrant an covenant that: (a) you shall not upload, post or transmit to or distribute or otherwise publish through the SGI Web Site any materials which (i) restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the SGI Web Site, (ii) are unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, offensive, pornographic, profane, sexually explicit or indecent, (iii) constitute or encourage conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate law, (iv) violate, plagiarize or infringe the right of third parties including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, rights of privacy or publicity or any other proprietary right, (v) contain a virus or other harmful component, (vi) contain any information, software or other material of a commercial nature, (vii) contain advertising of any kind, or (viii) constitute or contain false or misleading indication of origin or statements of fact; and (b) that you are at least eighteen (18) years old.
You hereby agree to indemnify, defend an hold SGI and all its officers, directors, owners, agents, employees, information providers, affiliates, licensors and licensees (collectively, the “Indemnified Parties”) harmless from and against any and all liability and costs incurred by the Indemnified Parties in connection with any claim arising out of your use of the Web Site, your posting on the Web Site, forums or discussions, any breach by you of the Agreement or the foregoing representations, warranties and covenants, including, without limitation, attorneys fees and costs. You shall cooperate as fully as reasonably required in the defense of any claim. SGI reserves the right, at its own expense to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you and you shall not in any event settle any matter without the written consent of SGI.
The SGI Web Site contains links and pointers to the other related World Wide Web Internet sites, resources, and sponsors of the SGI Web Site. Links to and from the SGI Web Site to other third party sites, maintained by third parties, do not constitute an endorsement by SGI or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates of any third party resources, or their contents.
SGI does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement, or other information displayed or distributed through the SGI Web Site. You acknowledge that any reliance upon any such opinion, advice, statement, memorandum, or information shall be at your sole risk. SGI reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to correct any errors or omissions in any portion of the SGI Web Site.
SGI does not and cannot review all materials posted to the SGI Web Site by users, and SGI is not responsible for any such materials posted by users. However, SGI reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or government request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, that in SGI’s sole discretion are objectionable or in violation of this Agreement.
THE SGI WEB SITE, INCLUDING ALL CONTENT, SOFTWARE, FUNCTIONS, MATERIALS AND INFORMATION MADE AVAILABLE ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH THE SGI WEB SITE, IS PROVIDED “AS IS.” TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, SGI AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER FOR THE CONTENT ON THE SGI WEB SITE OR THE MATERIALS, INFORMATION AND FUNCTIONS MADE ACCESSIBLE BY THE SOFTWARE USED ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH THE SGI WEB SITE, FOR ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OR HYPERTEXT LINKS TO THIRD PARTIES OR FOR ANY BREACH OF SECURITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE TRANSMISSION OF SENSITIVE INFORMATION THROUGH THE SGI WEB SITE OR ANY LINKED SITE. FURTHER, SGI AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES DISCLAIM ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SGI DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE SGI WEB SITE OR ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT CONTAINED THERIN WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SGI WEB SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKE IT AVAILABLE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. SGI AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE USE OF THE SGI WEB SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE CONTENT AND ANY ERRORS CONTAINED THEREIN.
By posting messages, uploading files, inputting data or engaging in any other form of communication (individually or collectively “Communications”) to the SGI Web Site, you hereby grant to SGI a perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, unrestricted, non-exclusive, royalty free license to use, copy, license, sub-license, adapt, distribute, display, publicly perform, reproduce, transmit, modify, edit, and otherwise exploit such Communications, in all media now known or hereafter developed. You hereby waive all rights to any claim against SGI for any alleged or actual infringements of any proprietary rights, rights of privacy and publicity, moral rights, and rights of attribution in connection with such Communications.
You acknowledge that transmissions to and from this SGI Web Site are not confidential and your Communications may be read or intercepted by others. You acknowledge that by submitting Communications to SGI, no confidential, fiduciary, contractually implied or other relationship is created between you and SGI other than pursuant to this Agreement.
THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF MARYLAND, WITHOUT REGARD TO CONFLICTS OF LAWS PROVISIONS, SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION FOR ANY ACTION OR PROCEEDING ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE AN APPROPRIATE STATE OR FEDERAL COURT LOCATED IN THE STATE OF MARYLAND.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between SGI and you with respect to your use of the SGI Web Site. Any cause of action you may have with respect to your use of the SGI Web Site must be commenced within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arises. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of the Agreement, or portion thereof, to be unenforceable, that provision shall be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to affect the intent of the Agreement, and the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect. SGI disclaims any and all responsibility for content contained in any third party materials provided through links from the SGI Interact site.
NO COMMERCIAL EXPLOITATION OF THE CONTENT OF THE WEB SITE IS PERMITTED. THIS PROHIBITION INCLUDES BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO PRINT, ELECTRONIC OR BROADCAST MEDIA. YOU MAY NOT REPRODUCE OR REPRINT (ELECTRONICALLY OR HARD COPY) ANY MATERIAL FOUND ON THE SGI WEB SITE FOR PUBLICATION IN ANY PUBLICATION OR MANNER (ELECTRONICALLY OR HARD COPY). YOU MAY NOT POST IT ON ELECTRONIC BULLETIN BOARDS. YOU MAY NOT MAKE REPRINTS. YOU MAY NOT FORWARD THE ITEMS TO THIRD PARTIES. YOUR LICENSE TO USE THE CONTENTS OF THE SGI WEB SITE SHALL BE NARROWLY CONSTRUED. IF A RIGHT IS NOT SPECIFICALLY GRANTED IT IS RESERVED TO SGI
ANY REQUESTS FOR PUBLICATION OR REPRINTS SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO SGI IN CARE OF: firstname.lastname@example.org.